Hello! And welcome to week one of Utah Book Month, a celebration of all things literary here in Utah. As we mentioned in the sign-up post, we're organizing things by week this year. So, check back here each Saturday for a full run down of each week. Let's get started!
WEEK ONE THEME: UTAH BLOGGERS
Our focus this week is on our awesome Utah book bloggers. All week we'll be using Twitter, Instagram, and our individual blogs to spotlight Utah book bloggers. Here are some ideas:
- Spotlight a new-to-you Utah book blogger
- Spotlight a feature or post by a Utah book blogger that inspired you
- Do a roundup of some of your favorite Utah book bloggers
- Use "Follow Friday" (#ff) on Twitter to highlight a Utah book blogger or two
If you do a post on a Utah book blogger this week, please link to it here:
WEEK ONE MINI-CHALLENGE: INSTAGRAM
This week's mini-challenge is all about posting bookish fun on Instagram. Head on over to The Bluestocking Society for all of the details. Participating in this mini-challenge will enter you in a giveaway hosted by Jessica at The Bluestocking Society, as well as earn you an entry into the UBM Mega-Giveaway (more details on that below).
WEEK ONE EVENTS: TWITTER CHATS
We're thrilled that so many Utah authors have agreed to participate in Twitter chats during the month. Check out the schedule page for the full list, but here is what we have coming up this week:
- August 4, 2015 at 8:00 p.m. MT - Michele Paige Holmes
READALONG: NOT IN THE SCRIPT, BY AMY FINNEGAN
votes are in, and our readalong book has been selected! We'll be reading Not in the Script, by Amy Finnegan. (We strongly encourage you to read the runner-up, Ink and Ashes, by Valynne E. Maetani, as well.) Here's the schedule we'll be following for Not in the Script:
- August 1-10: Pages 1-183
- August 11-20: Pages 185-370
On August 10 and August 20, we'll have discussion questions up here at the Utah Books blog. We're so excited to discuss this one with you.
If you'd like to officially declare your intention to readalong with us (so we can give you a little cheering along the way), go ahead and sign-up using the linky below:
REVIEWS OF UTAH BOOKS
Continuing with tradition, we have a separate post all set up for links to your reviews of Utah books. If you read and post about a Utah book this month, make sure to head over and add your link.
Your participation in Utah Book Month activities and events will not only result in positive feelings but will also earn you entries into the Utah Book Month Mega-Giveaway! Here's what's in the mega-prize pack:
- A signed copy of Jessica Day George's newest release, Silver in the Blood
- A signed copy of Not in the Script, by Amy Finnegan
- A copy of Ink and Ashes, by Valynne E. Maetani
- A copy of When Women Were Birds, by Terry Tempest Williams
- A $10 Amazon gift card